Click arrowheads to expand or collapse contents
Students who meet one of the criteria listed below are exempt from taking the assessment test:
- Possess an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degree or higher from a regionally-accredited college or university.
Note: Associate of Applied Science and Associate of General Studies Degrees do not qualify for this exemption.
- Completed an English composition (to be exempt from English and Reading tests) and/or mathematics course (to be exempt from math test) with a grade of “C” or better at a regionally accredited college or university.
- ACT or SAT scores may exempt you from the assessment. Scores must be from ACT or SAT testing within the past 5 years. Please go to www.frontrange.edu/testing for required scores.
4. Enrollment in only one course for either employment enhancement or personal interest.
a. Students under 20 years of age are not eligible for the one-course waiver. CDHE requires that all students under the age of 20 be assessed or provide the required waiver exemption for reporting to the secondary schools.
b. State guaranteed general education transfer (GT) courses are not eligible for the one course waiver.
c. English and mathematics courses are not eligible for the one course waiver.
5. Enrollment in selected programs of one term or less.
Students under 20 years of age must be assessed unless they qualify for an exemption under #1, #2, or #3.
To request an exemption, students must bring the appropriate documentation (college transcripts, diploma, or ACT/SAT scores) to the Testing Center or to an academic advisor.