Click arrowheads to expand or collapse contents
Transferring Credit to FRCC
FRCC does not require transcripts from previous high schools or colleges for admission. However, if a student plans to complete a degree or certificate with applicable transfer credit, an official transcript must be sent directly to the college from the institution where the credits were earned. As part of this process, students should complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form, available from the Admissions and Records Office or online at www.frontrange.edu/transfer.
The transfer of academic credit to the college is governed by the following policies or procedures:
- A grade of “C” or better is required for transfer. Transfer credit will not be awarded for courses with “D”, “F”, or “U” grades.
- The college may examine credits to ensure that the content is not outdated or obsolete.
- Generally, credits accepted in transfer will be less than 10 years old, though all credit which is not outdated or obsolete, and is applicable to the student's degree program, may be accepted. The final determination of acceptance of credit based on content and age of the credit is made by the appropriate college instructional department and instructional dean.
Please consult individual instructional program requirements in this catalog for any course age limitations specific to that program.
- Transfer credit is accepted from postsecondary institutions that are accredited by one of the approved six (6) regional accrediting associations or by specified articulation agreements.
- Grades for courses transferred to FRCC are not calculated in the FRCC GPA.