Click arrowheads to expand or collapse contents
Home » Front Range Community College Catalog 2013-2014 » Academic Matters » FRCC and the Student Appeals Process » Transfer Appeals Process
Appeal to Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE)
- The student initiates an appeal by informing CDHE in writing of the situation and the reason for the appeal.
- The Executive Director of CDHE will immediately notify the chief executive officer of the institution of the appeal and request the institution to submit documentation for the decision being appealed by the student. The institution will submit documentation within 15 calendar days of notification.
- The chair of the Transfer Advisory Council (TAC) will schedule the appeal to be heard at the council or convene a special meeting if the appeal cannot be heard within 30 calendar days. Both the student and the institution will be notified of the TAC’s meeting time and location. The student and/or institution may be asked to make an oral presentation to the council. The resolution of a dispute will be completed within 30 calendar days from the time an appeal is made to CDHE. In no circumstance will the appeal process extend beyond 120 days from the day the student was notified of the transcript evaluation unless it benefits the student.
- Should an appeal be ﬁled involving a campus or governing board represented on the TAC, the TAC member will not participate in hearing the appeal, nor may the member be present during the discussion. Transfer disputes will be heard by only those members who are not directly affiliated with the institution or governing board involved.
- TAC’s consideration of the appeal will include, but is not limited to, the institution’s compliance with the Statewide Transfer Policy, the governing board policy statement, the institutional Articulation/Transfer Agreements, the transfer appeal process, and the student’s compliance with the institutional Articulation/Transfer Agreements. In the absence of a written Articulation/Transfer Agreement for the program in question, TAC will conduct a transcript evaluation and determine the transferability of individual courses.
- The chair will inform CDHE’s Executive Director of TAC’s recommendation.
- CDHE’s Executive Director will inform the chief executive officer and the chief academic officer and the student of the final determination and advise the institution’s chief executive officer to implement the recommendation within five calendar days.
- The institution’s chief academic officer will inform the TAC chair within 10 calendar days of the action taken in regard to the final determination.
- TAC’s recommendation and the action taken by the institution will be reported to CDHE as an information agenda item.