Click arrowheads to expand or collapse contents
Medical Office Technology - Certificates
Revisions of the following degree and/or certificates are pending state and federal approval. They will be included in a catalog addendum online when approval is received. Please consult an advisor for more information.
All Medical Office Technology students:
- Assessment testing is required of all MOT students. Students who are reading at the college level and obtain the following Accuplacer scores should have the basic skills necessary for success in the program course work. Reading: RC – 80 or greater, English – SS95 or greater, Mathematics – EA45 or greater. Students who place into ENG 121 (or above) and MAT 107 (or above) may begin taking this program of study. A grade of "C" or above must be earned for each course required for all MOT degree and certificate programs.
- Complete online background check at American DataBank as directed by program director. See www.CCCS.edu/nursing for a list of criminal offenses appearing on a criminal background check that will disqualify an applicant for admission to the Medical Office Technology program.
- Ability to sufficiently speak and understand English and to comprehend verbal communication of English speaking clients.
- A grade of "C" or above must be earned for each course required for the degree or certificate.
- While high school graduation or GED are not required for enrollment in the MOT Certificate programs, students who take the National Certification exams must show evidence of high school graduation or GED in order to take National Certification exams.
Additional requirements for Medical Assisting and Clinical Office Assisting students:
- Complete a health summary with documented immunization records. The health summary needs to be completed during the final semester. The health summary is provided by the program director. Please contact Kari Williams at 303-678-3833.
- Current CPR/First Aid course; complete the American Heart Health Care Provider course and receive a 2-year recommended renewal date. The recommended renewal date must not expire prior to completion of the internship semester.